Our mission is to provide you with data that will grow your sales to outperform the competition to improve customer perception & deliver your brand's value. "Our Vision: Do more with data."
We combine data sets to reveal winning strategies for sales and profit growth. The data sets include dark data, your data, social media data and news data. Our monthly dashboard tracks industry social media and website analytics, in addition to benchmarking against your competitors.
AUG '19 TO PRESENT
Lacked clear brand metrics & tracking Limited manufacturing & innovation strategy
Reduced from 200 to 50 dispensaries in 2019 Needed funding to grow
Edibles +30% CAGR & +$4.0 billion potential
Colorado first mover advantage with $1 billion in sales
Strong brand name and branding
CEO has three generations of candy manufacturing
4 Co-founders located in Denver, Co
No advisory board
No operations manager
No finance or data expert
Mid to late thirties
Male only leadership
Primarily candy manufacturing
Limited data and analytics acumen
- Financial Acumen: Delivered financial templates outlining basic profit and loss forecasting & month by month projections by dispensary & by state. Used CPG data practices (PepsiCo, Kraft & GSK).
- Brand Strategy: Developed strategic approach to grow that would be attractive to investors and used resources from AWS and HubSpot investment teams to recommend pitch deck template and how frame the problem, solution, market size and competitive landscape. Reduced 30-page deck to 12.
- General Management: Created a plan to deliver profit Y2 and $2MM potential by 2023. Revised team roles and responsibilities to set-up for successful pitches. Created manufacturing story & implemented tools across the business to improve performance: ie. Slack.
- Financial Acumen: Revised all financials to be in line with what investors look at including a full profit and loss statement, distribution plan and bottom up, top down and demand based forecasts.
- Brand Strategy: Sales strategy developed to expand from 50 dispensaries to 200 in a west coast brand expansion plan. Provided insights that showed Happy Chews social share at 4% (Wana Brands 32%, Incredibles 39% & Cheeba Chews 25%)and news share at 0% versus major competitors (Wana Brands 53%, Incredibles 15.0% and Cheeba Chews 32%) 2019 Aug YTDSource: Meltwater.
- General Management: Used Harvard Angel Investing and Harvard Pro Bono Consulting experiences to help guide the team toward preparing at a strategic level to raise the caliber of messaging and start-up expectations. Raised the data & analytics acumen bar.
“CREWASIS gave us visibility to gaps we had across the business. We are in a better place to be competitively positioned to grow and be steps ahead of our competition.”
– Keane Tsu, CEO
AUG '19 TO PRESENT
Analysis on current top selling product categories
Data on the states selling the most CBD products
The top CBD focused keywords
Brands are fragmented largest owning 6% $ share
California has a large CBD market
Strong branding CEO has experience in start-ups and cannabis
2 Co-founders located on the West & East coast (mother and son)
High level of experience in data and analytics
Severall start-up ventures
Large knowledge base around CBD & data
- Market Segmentation: Delivered a research report that illustrated the top 5 CBD THC Free brands (Green Roads, Charlotte’s Web, Joy Organics, Ananda Hemp and Lazarus Naturals) and the top CBD Full Spectrum brands (Balance CBD, Fab, Press Pause, Plus and 4 Corners Cannabis). Provided an overview of top CBD brands in the US to watch based on consumer rankings.
- SEO: Demonstrated a strong understanding of the basics of SEO by sharing how SEO should be approached beyond just key words. This included: title tags, meta descriptions, cross links, site map, inspection tools i.e. URL, social media, to name a few.
- Market Share: Showcased market share of the top brands together including news market share (Balance CBD 7%, Fab 20%, Press Pause 1%, Plus 62% and 4 Corners Cannabis 10%) and Social Market Share (Balance CBD 9%, Fab 11%, Press Pause 2.0%, Plus 70% and 4 Corners Cannabis 8%). Source: Meltwater.
- Market Segmentation: Turnaround on key questions within one week distilling the hundreds of brands into key branded players. Able to take key questions and deliver data-backed recommendations within a week
- SEO: Developed a key objective package to win in SEO with insights and metrics along each important pillar: site map, meta descriptions, search terms and competitive landscape.
- Market Share: Able to share that the market is extremely fragmented and an opportunity for branded players to really move ahead with strong consumer insights and brand value.
“The smart team behind CREWASIS combines their vast CPG experience with data and analytics to help cannabis companies understand the competitive marketplace, the best sales strategy and digital tools needed to flourish, grow and scale. I was very impressed with all the helpful insights and recommendations offered!”
- Deborah Castillero, CEO
AUG '19 TO PRESENT
Lacked visibility to the competitive market share
Wanted to understand what made brands standout and more successful
Needed a website and keyword strategy
Pittsburgh has a growing spirits industry. Spirits in the US continue to grow with the trend in premiumization.
Consumers continue to look for spirits as a healthier option.
2 Female co-founders located in Pittsburgh, PA
Family and friend owned
Husbands are also heavily involved
Team of GenXers and Boomers
Some data and analytics acumen
- Market Segmentation: : Delivered a report that illustrated the top 5 distillery brands in Pittsburgh and their social media and news market share. Wigle Whiskey 81%, Kingfly 5%, Boyd and Blair 4%, Quantum Spirits 3% and Maggie's Farm 3%. Source: Meltwater
- Digital Media: Persuaded team to hire a social media manager pre-launch to build brand momentum. Put together targets for social media (Twitter, FB, Instagram, Google Reviews & Yelp) and included strategy on what competitors did to successfully launch their brands. Made recommendations on website content strategy and keywords.
- SEO: Created a full content review of competitors and a structure approach to the new website content, keywords, meta descriptions, title tags and web analytics. Identified Wigle Whiskey as the #1 SEO brand.
- Market Segmentation: Showcased the top drivers for brand growth and was able to identify what leading brands did to achieve leading market share. Also provided a concise plan on what it would take to be a leader in the space during the first year. Identified big competitive gaps in digital and social media that were competitive advantages for 4Four6.
- Digital Media Comprehensive digital media audit. Provided targets for all media vehicles for the first year. Created a structured social media plan based on industry insights.
- SEO: Ranked spirits search terms for optimal position and priority: Gin 16/100, Bourbon 28/100, 57/100 Whisky, Rum 27/100 and Vodka 49/100
“CREWASISTM developed a start-up plan across digital including social media and web analytics and a full industry analysis of our top competitors. The data dashboard gives us a glance on how we are performing vs. our competitors.”
– Jerry Sunday, Founder